1. Your bones can destroy themselves. Bone resorption is a hormone regulated method that helps to increase extracellular concentration of calcium in case of its deficiency.
2. Eyelash parasites abide in the lashes of more than half the population! These mites known as demodex folliculitis are usually very tiny to be seen with microscope.
3. Your body has ten times more bacterial cells than human cells! Like the gut bacteria that helps in digestion, most of the bacteria is actually useful for you.
4. An adult is composed of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms.
5. If deprived of all the atomic empty space, the human body could fit in a cube, with each side less than 1/500th of a centimetre.
6. Your skin’s external layer sheds every 2-4 weeks, which is roughly equal to 0.7 kg of dead skin in a year.
7. Your 10 % of the day is spent blinking.
8. If we were to unwind the entire DNA in your body, it would stretch out to about 10 billion miles. It’s a distance equal to from Earth to Pluto and then back to Earth.
9. Almost 10,000 human cells can fit on the head of a pin
10. Human decomposition begins around 4 minutes after death. In the autolysis process the cell membranes release enzymes that begin eating the cells from the inside out.
11. Just one drop of blood contains about 10,000 white blood cells and 250,000 platelets
12. In a lifetime an average person would produce enough saliva to fill up two swimming pools.
13. You cannot tickle yourself.
14. In 30 minutes your body can produce enough heat to boil a half gallon of water.
15. On average, in sixty seconds a travelling body cell would cover your entire body circuit!
16. Apart from identical twins, every individual has their own distinctive body smell.
17. Not just finger prints, but everybody also has unique tongue prints!
18. Some people actually have more fat cells than others.
19. Your brain has a huge appetite! It consumes about 20% of your body’s oxygen and calories.
20. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. And the skin of an adult male would take up almost 20 square feet when stretched out.